Parents and the Teenaged Driver
Think Global: What can State Farm, SADD, Bridgestone Tires, and a Utah driver’s ed instructor teach parents about teenage driving?
- You play a big role in keeping the teens in your life alive on the road. Think about how your driving habits model behavior to your children well before they get their permit.
- Does Mom wear her seat belt?
- Does Dad speed or drive aggressively?
- Is Mom talking on her cell phone?
- Print this Parent-Teen Driving Contract from Liberty Mutual and SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) and work with your teen to discuss risks and consequences.
- Take Illinois’ graduated driver’s license restrictions seriously in your family.
This photo “teen_driver_2” by State Farm copyright (c) 2012 is made available under Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) license.