When Someone You Know Has a Mental Illness
Think Global: Videos from COPMI (Children of Parents with a Mental Illness) written and performed by teens from Australia.
The videos explain:
- various mental illnesses,
- ways people get better, and
- tips on self-care for teens.
Act Local: Help to de-stigmatize mental illness
- Ask your child what they know about mental illnesses and what questions they have.
- Share one of these videos with your teen and talk about it. Seek answers together about questions that arise after watching the video.
This photo “Stamp Out Stigma Grand Rapids May 22, 201011” by Steven Depolo copyright 2010 is made available by Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) license.